Build the shed that's in your head.
Thomsons ITM Pole Sheds are designed with total flexibility and cater for almost any specific requirement you may have.
You can be sure you're getting a building that's spot on for what you want because you have a hand in the farm shed design. Simply choose either Gable or Lean-to Pole & Rafter design, then tailor the plans to suit.
Extra height, another bay, wider - whatever you like. Once the plans are approved, we'll deliver materials on-site, ready for you to install.
Building consent exemptions for pole sheds.
You can now build a single-storey pole shed or hay barn in a rural zone without building consent if:
- The design has been carried out or reviewed by a Chartered Professional Engineer, or
- A Licensed Building Practitioner has carried out or supervised design and construction.
- Design wind speeds do not exceed 44 metres per second (High wind zone).
- The building is not more than 1 storey (being a floor level of up to 1 metre above the supporting ground and a height of up to 4 metres above the floor level).
- The maximum unsupported roof span in any direction does not exceed 6 metres
- The building does not exceed 110 square metres in floor area
- The building has a minimum distance from any residential building, public road, rail or legal boundary at least equal to the measure of its own height.
- The building is not subject to the Hazardous Substances and New Organisms Act 1996.
- The building is not accessible by the public (i.e. Building Importance Level 1).